Ahhhhhh.... yeah.



Ah, a relaxing moment. So few and far between. But the moments 'inbetween' don't seem any more hurried than this right moment right here. Making art, being crafty, doesn't seem like real "work" to me. It's never hurried, it's never hard, and I don't have some untalented hack standing over me saying "I thought you were going to come up with something good."

(Yeah, I heard that a lot at my last job.)

So this crafty life, it's a lot of work to make pretty things, and there's the promoting and networking and art shows, but the actual act of making anything at all... that's all that matters. None of it seems like "work" so I kinda feel like maybe I'm cheating by not having a "real job" that makes me miserable, and calls me in at weird hours on my days off, or gives me crap benefits, or makes me work a 10-hour register shift, or any of the other things I've done in the name of Corporate Sellouts before to get by in this world.

I could get used to this.


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more!!
    {found you via etsy forums}

    http://littlemissmomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete